Thanks to contributions by their churches to the P&B Fund, most Nazarene ministers receive basic life insurance coverage at no cost to them. They, along with other church-employed laypersons, may also purchase additional life insurance. Those who hold such coverage are eligible for a variety of added value services from Aetna Insurance, such as assistance with funeral planning, including price comparisons for vendors in your area.
Services for every stage of your life
Aetna Life EssentialsSM
With Aetna life insurance coverage, you not only get financial protection for your loved ones. You also get tools and services to use today for a healthy, fulfilling life. This is what Aetna Life Essentialssm is all about.
Everest Funeral and Concierge Services
You can access information and tools to prepare and manage all issues surrounding a funeral through our partner, Everest Funeral Planning and Concierge Services, LLC. You can use Everest to help preplan arrangements, or use them at your time of need.
There is no cost for these services:
- 24/7 advisory assistance:Immediate help with all aspects of planning a funeral.
- Price comparisons:Everest will research funeral home costs in your area to help you make a decision.
- Price negotiations:Everest will help negotiate with your chosen funeral home to help you get your needs met at the best available price.
- Assistance paying claims:Everest will help get funeral expenses paid from the life insurance payment so that your family does not have to worry about the financial and claims process.
You can talk to an adviser any time of day or night at 1-800-913-8318. Or you can visit everestfuneral.com/aetna. Use the company code AETNA0100 for access.
You can receive JPMorgan Chase Financial Counseling and Level I Financial Planning. It’s available to you whether you’re an active employee, retiree, terminated employee having ported coverage or a beneficiary of a deceased life member. To learn more, phone 1-866-222-8008.
With the Legal Reference™ Program, you and your spouse can get free, online estate planning services. These include:
- Living wills
- Health care directives
- Durable financial power of attorney
Plus — you can create a will and can update it at any time. To learn more, call 1-888-257-2934. Or visit us at ichooselegal.com.
An important part of living longer is staying healthy. You have access to Aetna’s discount programs such as:
- Aetna VisionSM discount program
- Aetna HearingSM discount program
- Aetna FitnessSM discount program
- Waterpik® discount program
Care Advocacy Program
We offer a social work service that gives you telephone access to a Master’s level social worker if you:
- Are terminally ill and are applying or have been approved for an Accelerated Death Benefit
- Have an injury that has resulted in a loss covered by the Accidental Death and Personal Loss coverage benefit
- Are permanently and totally disabled
Our social workers offer:
- Education about coverage
- Referrals to local and national programs that may provide housing, food, insurance, prescription and financial assistance, emotional support and referrals to behavioral health services
- Experience with members dealing with advanced illness, including those who use Medicare
To learn more, call 1-800-276-5120.
You can use the Compassionate Care website to be better prepared during this challenging time. You can find:
- Advice on how to start talking about end-of-life issues
- End-of-life care information
- Printable checklists
Whenever you need to, visit aetnacompassionatecare.com.
We’re here when you need to talk. You and your family members can speak with an Aetna Behavioral Health representative. You have up to three telephone bereavement or grief counseling sessions. To speak with someone, call 1-800-806-8891.
More than life insurance. It’s your essentials for every stage of life. To learn more, visit aetnalifeessentials.com.
More Information ...
Life insurance policies are offered and underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna).
Securities and investment advisory services are independently offered through Chase Investment Services Corp. (CISC), a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase Bank. CISC is a full services broker-dealer and a registered investment advisor.
Legal Reference Program services independently offered and administered by ARAG North America (ARAG). Aetna does not participate in attorney selection or review, and does not monitor ARAG services, content or network.
Not all health and/or life services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professional. The EAP is administered by Aetna Behavioral Health, LLC and Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). EAP instructors, educators and network participating providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about Aetna plans, refer to www.aetna.com.Policy forms issued in Oklahoma include: GR-9 and/or GR-9N, GR-29 and/or GR-29N.
©2012 Aetna Inc. 26.03.353.1 (8/12)