Return to FAQs

The church must file Form 8941 and carry the credit to Form 990-T (the Exempt Organization Business Tax Return). Even though the church does not owe any business income tax, the credit may be claimed.

Dan Busby is a certified public accountant, president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and the author of the Zondervan Clergy Tax & Financial Guide.