Return to FAQs

Our church transferred an automobile to our senior pastor. The car had been donated to the church by a member. Are we obligated to report the value of the car as compensation to the pastor?


Yes. The fair market value of the car is taxable compensation to the pastor and should be reported on Form W-2.

Dan Busby is a CPA and president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).