Return to FAQs

In general, unless the church materially improves the car or uses it in its own program, the church is required to notify the donor of the amount of gross proceeds of the sale of the vehicle using Form 1098-C.

Dan Busby is a certified public accountant, president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and the author of the Zondervan Clergy Tax & Financial Guide.